Sometimes you wake up and find out that, as you slept, you got nominated for something big and important like a Nobel Peace Prize… othertimes you wake up to see you’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award, which is actually latin for “Fun silly listicle where half the work was done for you by the person who nominated you” which in this case was by the amazing The Blog Complainer who is just generally a great reviewer who you probably already follow, or at least you should. Go on, go over there and click the Follow button, I’ll wait.
So basically this is one of those “Do a thing and then get 11 others to do a thing” lists which in general I have avoided in life but… well, it’s free content, this one looked like enough fun that I could enjoy it and I get to come up with a bunch of questions at the end so let’s see how this goes.
And now, the part everyone enjoys, REGULATIONS!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging sites. (Check)
- Answer the questions, THE QUESTION, JERK!
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions. (No asking for credit card info)
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or your own post.
- You can never ever say “I’ll be right back”, because you won’t be back.
11 Questions & Answers
So, The Blog Complainer (If that IS your real name) has asked me the following 11 questions so let’s see how this goes.
1. Which fictional character would you go on a date with?
Captain America, and if anyone wishes to argue with this idea I would like to point them in the direction of this infamous moment from Age of Ultron where he rips a log in half like it was made out of tissue paper and then they are permitted to start their argument.
Oh, look at that, your argument is invalid now
2. An underrated movie you wish to see a reboot of?
In general, I’m against reboots but god I would love to see a reboot of Serial Mom get made as a miniseries.
For those who haven’t seen it, Serial Mom is about a normal suburban mother who is also homicidal and will kill you for anything she deems impolite, such as not rewinding your videotapes before returning them to the video store. It’s one of the most hilarious films that John Waters ever made and I highly reccomend the original movie to anyone who want’s to see a skewering of the crime recreation genre that was made right when that genre was just starting. Now, imagine that same story but told in a similar style to American Crime Story or Making a Murderer and tell me it wouldn’t be hilarious. Seriously though, go see it. If nothing else, it has the best Kathleen Turner performance that you will ever see and you’ll never hear the phrase “Pussywillows” the same way again. Here, have some incentive to go watch the movie… one of the most hilarious murders put on film
3. What’s your favourite type of weather?
I’m definitely better in cold weather, purely because I can put on warm clothing and get back to normal. Rain and that kind of thing, that’s my jam… damn, that sounds more depressing than I meant it.
4. If you were strapped to a chair and forced to watch one movie that you absolutely hated what would it be?
A Dogs Purpose, but the Hague would consider this to be literal torture. It’s honestly the movie that I have hated more than any movie I’ve watched while doing this reviewing thing and knowing that there’s a sequel coming out soon is actually horrifying me because I know I’ll have to go see it.
5. A movie studio decides to make a movie based on your life. Who would you like to play yourself?
I want to be cocky and say “Oh we’d get Zac Efron to play me” or soemone like that… but I’m no idiot, you’d get Jonah Hill and tell him to gain the weight back. I’d also want to know what movie studio is doing this because this sounds like a movie idea so bad that even Cannon would go “Uh, no”
6. A magical fairy gives you a choice to remain the same age for the rest of your life. What age would you choose?
25, just old enough that I don’t look like I need to be carded to go into R rated movies but not up to the point where my body has decided that it’s done with my crap and is now just actively sabotaging me with assorted aches and pains.
7. You have been given the chance to go on the holiday you have always dreamed of. Where are you going?
Probably to New York, specifically to Broadway and taking in as many shows as I can,
8. If you could go back in time and tell your younger self something important, what would you tell him/her?
Don’t let the assholes get you down.
9. If you could pick a basic survival need that you didn’t have to do what would it be?
Starting a fire without the aid of matches. I’ll never need to do it because you will never catch me in a situation where that’ll be on the radar, but it’d still be cool to learn.
10. Favourite TV show to binge watch or repeatedly watch?
RuPaul’s Drag Race. It’s comfort food, easy to watch and enjoy and always puts me in one hell of a good mood.
11. The thing you’re most proud of?
The fact that in under a month I’m going to be holding a bachelors degree on stage at my graduation. If you’d told me a decade ago I’d be able to say I completed a University course I would’ve never believed you but I did and I’m proud as hell of that.
11 More People
So now I’ve done this, it’s time for other people to do this because that’s how this works. So these people should try to answer the questions I’ll put below and you should go look at their stuff because I said so
Number 1: Samson’s Review
Number 2: Steady Critic Reviews
Number 3: Soda & Telepaths
Number 4: Cinematic Discussion
Number 5: Mr Movie’s Film Blog
Number 6: Burning Movie Review
Number 7: Pint Of Cinema
Number 8: What The Craggus Saw
Number 9: Oh! That Film Blog
Number 10: Pop Culture Thoughts
Number 11: Movie and TV reviews and analyses
My 11 Questions
So, much like the great sphynx, you must answer for me these questions three… and then like eight more because that’s how this works.
- If you could revive any cancelled TV show, what would it be?
- Favourite decade for movies?
- What’s the most random fun fact you know?
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- What is your guilty pleasure movie?
- If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
- Favourite film Actor/Actress?
- What podcast would you suggest I subscribe to?
- What cinematic cliche are you most tired of?
- What’s the most random skill that you have?
- Weirdest movie you’ve ever seen?
And that is the Sunshine Blogger Award. It was fun and random, thanks to Blog Complainer for getting me to do it and now everyone else needs to try this because there’s a lot of amusement to doing this. Thanks for reading and see you whenever I type up my next overlong explanation of why I did/didn’t like some random film that I happen upon.
One thought on “Sunshine Blogger Award”